< Back To ProjectsCity Cat Ferry Terminal Upgrade
DWW were contracted to fabricate 3 off new flood resistant and disabled compliant gangways for Bulimba, Brett’s Wharf and Hawthorne City Cat ferry terminals as part of BCC flood recovery upgrades.
These gangways pushed the limits of aluminium fabrication with the outer truss fabricated from 30mm+ thick aluminium sections, as well as incorporating an intricate, mechanically pivoting internal walkway that corrects position with the tidal changes.
- Complete 3D modelling and fabrication drawings from engineering designs
- Source materials to the size and thickness required in structural aluminium grades
- Complete SP full penetration welding of section and plate work up to 60mm thick
- Paint, assemble and deliver the gangways ready to be installed directly into their final location
- Deliver project completion on restricted short time schedules